Camping in Voyageurs National Park
With summer upon us, now is the ideal time to camp out in Voyageurs National Park. Whether you are on the shores of the larger lakes like Rainy, Kabetogama, Namakan, Sand Point, and Crane Lake or are utilizing the wilderness camping experiences on the Kabetogama peninsula in the interior of the park, you can be assured of an excellent time.
All of the campsites of Voyageurs National Park not only are private and secluded, but also equipped with a fire ring and adjustable cooking grill, picnic tables, raised sand filled tent pads, bear lockers, and bathroom facilities to make sure your time in Voyageurs National Park is as comfortable as possible.
We’ve compiled the following list of the best reasons to camp out under the stars and northern lights:
1. Camping is a great way to reconnect with the natural environment. During the hustle and bustle of everyday life, we lose touch with our natural connection to the planet as a whole. The only way to get this connection back is by spending time in nature. It is so important to a healthy life to slow down and contemplate who we are and what we can be.
2. Camping is a great way to reconnect with family and friends. All too often we take for granted those whom are closest to us. By getting out to your campsite and disconnecting with the daily grind of everyday life you can concentrate on regaining the connection between yourself and the ones you love. Maybe it is the act of setting up the tent, cooking over an open fire together, fishing for walleye, bass, lake trout, northern, crappie, or Muskie, sitting around the fire at night telling stories, playing games, or just enjoying the quiet solitude that voyageurs national park offers that can help to regain the connections stripped away by our modern existence.
3. Your chance of seeing and encountering wildlife is greatly increased while camping. Some examples of this are: The early morning slap of the tail of a beaver to wake you up, the mournful cry of the loon at dusk, a female whitetail deer and its fawn coming to the water’s edge for a mid-day sip of the pristine water, an eagle bringing food back to its nest, or a playful otter with its pups. From the birds in the air to the furry of wildlife deep in the trees, Voyageurs comes alive during your time camping.
4. The night skies of Voyageurs are some of the best opportunities to view the stars, planets, and milky way. With virtually no light pollution the milky way jumps out at you as you gaze towards the heavens. The northern lights are not an uncommon occurrence, and viewing them in the northern skies is a spectacular and awe inspiring phenomenon.
5. S’mores….do we need to say anymore? Come for the scenery and stay for the S’mores.
Voyageurs Outfitters can help you get out there to experience your ideal camping excursion. We offer services that range from:
- Water Taxi service to get you and your group out there fast so you can make the most of your time.
- Rental of canoes, kayaks, and SUPs to use while you are camped out.
- Rental of a variety of camping gear and accessories that you may need to make your trip as pleasant as possible.
- Full glamping packages. What is glamping? Owner Eric Johnson defines glamping through Voyageurs Outfitters as “traditional camping with a convenient twist. Just bring your clothes and bare necessities and we’ll take care of the rest. From delivering all your food, gear, and people to setting up the tent and air mattresses we’ve got you covered. We can even have the fires lit and the steaks cooking for you when you arrive.”
Don’t miss out on Voyageurs Outfitters camping experience. Contact us to discuss how we can help you get out into Voyageurs National Park for your personalized camping encounter.