Your Adventure Is Out There...
With summer upon us, now is the ideal time to camp out in Voyageurs National Park. Whether you are on the shores of the larger lakes like Rainy, Kabetogama, Namakan, Sand Point, and Crane Lake or are utilizing the wilderness camping experiences on the Kabetogama peninsula in the interior of the park, you can be assured of an excellent time.
All of the campsites of Voyageurs National Park not only are private and secluded, but also equipped with a fire ring and adjustable cooking grill, picnic tables, raised sand filled tent pads, bear lockers, and bathroom facilities to make sure your time in Voyageurs National Park is as comfortable as possible.
We've compiled the following list of the best reasons to camp out under the stars and northern lights:
1. Camping is a great way to reconnect with the natural environment. During the hustle and bustle of everyday life, we lose touch with our natural connection to the planet as a whole. The only way to get this connection back is by spending time in nature. It is so important to a healthy life to slow down and contemplate who we are and what we can be.
2. Camping is a great way to reconnect with family and friends. All too often we take for granted those whom are closest to us. By getting out to your campsite and disconnecting with the daily grind of everyday life you can concentrate on regaining the connection between yourself and the ones you love. Maybe it is the act of setting up the tent, cooking over an open fire together, fishing for walleye, bass, lake trout, northern, crappie, or Muskie, sitting around the fire at night telling stories, playing games, or just enjoying the quiet solitude that voyageurs national park offers that can help to regain the connections stripped away by our modern existence.
3. Your chance of seeing and encountering wildlife is greatly increased while camping. Some examples of this are: The early morning slap of the tail of a beaver to wake you up, the mournful cry of the loon at dusk, a female whitetail deer and its fawn coming to the water’s edge for a mid-day sip of the pristine water, an eagle bringing food back to its nest, or a playful otter with its pups. From the birds in the air to the furry of wildlife deep in the trees, Voyageurs comes alive during your time camping.
4. The night skies of Voyageurs are some of the best opportunities to view the stars, planets, and milky way. With virtually no light pollution the milky way jumps out at you as you gaze towards the heavens. The northern lights are not an uncommon occurrence, and viewing them in the northern skies is a spectacular and awe inspiring phenomenon.
5. S’mores….do we need to say anymore? Come for the scenery and stay for the S’mores.
Voyageurs Outfitters can help you get out there to experience your ideal camping excursion. We offer services that range from:
Don't miss out on Voyageurs Outfitters camping experience. Contact us to discuss how we can help you get out into Voyageurs National Park for your personalized camping encounter.
Your adventure is out there...
Spring is a wonderful time of year in Voyageurs National Park. The arrival of Spring brings longer days and more direct sunshine. The energy of the sun brings a flurry of new activity to the border lakes region, northwest Ontario, sunset country, and the northern boreal forest and lakes. This fresh spring activity can be categorized into human activities and the activities of the flora and fauna of Voyageurs, the Northern forests and the waters of Crane Lake, Sand
Point, Namakan, Kabetogama, Rainy Lake, Rainy River, and Lake of the Woods. This leads to melting lakes, migrating birds, mating grouse, and the promise of another summer. Although subtler than us noisy humans, the awaking of nature after the long winters slumber can be quite riotous.
The awakening after the long winter is an amazing thing to witness. Here are five of our most phenomenal Springtime occurrences:
2. The Return of Migratory Birds
The return of the seagulls and other migratory birds marks a Springtime milestone. After the noisy return of our feathered friends, the gulls, Springtime is officially upon us. Other typically hard to spot migratory birds use Voyageurs National Park as a starting point on their way destinations farther north, sometimes traveling as far as the Arctic Circle.
3. Ruffed Grouse
The slow thump and increasingly rapid drumming of the ruffed grouse is a sound unique to springtime in northern Minnesota's boreal forests. The male grouse use an elaborate dance and drumming to attract a mate. Sometimes this phenomenon can be so loud that it distracts your thoughts and allows your mind to escape far from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
4. Birth of Fawns
Spring is when mother deer, after surviving the cold winters, give birth to their fawns. Even though these fawns are extremely well camouflaged, it is not uncommon to see them testing out their new legs while on one of Voyageurs Outfitters wildlife boat tours. The circle of life is all around us in Voyageurs.
5. Preparation for Summer in the Park
As nature awakens, humans do as well. Although some may disagree, we are an integral part of our ecosystems and spaceship Earth. At Voyageurs Outfitters, we are busy getting power boats, sailboats, pontoon boats, Tour boats, canoes, kayaks, and stand up paddle boards ready for the upcoming busy summer season. We go through all of our camping and boating gear to make sure it is safe and at the high standards that our customers demand. Captains go through safety and interpretive training programs so that our clients have the most enjoyable and safe experience in Voyageurs National Park. Voyageurs National Park staff are busy getting their boats ready and opening the visitor’s centers and campsites. Resorts are busy as well getting ready tor the bustling tourist season.
Springtime, with all of its new sounds, sights, smells, and activity is truly an incredible time in Voyageurs National Park. Call us to book your spring glamping trip, boat tour, ice harvest excursion, or hiking adventure. We are here to guide you though all aspects of planning your trip. From initial thoughts of trip planning to getting out to your campsite and cooking that authentic shore lunch, the staff at Voyageurs Outfitters are here to help you make the most of your adventure.
Your full service adventure specialists.